12 Dec 2012

Advent, Merton and Mary - dotMagis blog



"Thomas Merton is known for his prayer which begins, “My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end.” This uncertainty about our vocation, our path, our life, is comforted in the hope we find in Advent. Merton trusted that though he didn’t have all the answers, God would not leave him to face his journey alone. This is the meaning of Advent.

Advent reminds us that such darkness will be quenched with the light of Emmanuel and the hope for a God who will indeed be with us. Through Mary’s experience of the Annunciation, she rediscovered that God was concerned with humanity all along. The coming of Jesus would incarnate this reality, creating for us a visible sign of hope and redemption."

Continue reading this Advent reflection here

Other resources for Advent season available HERE including weekly video reflections like this one:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.