20 May 2017

21 May 2017 - Camp Creideamh in Knockadoon

On this weeks programme John is joined by Fr Eamonn Roche and Lisa Blackwell to discuss an upcoming faith summer camp in Knockadoon in Co Cork. We have our regular reflection on this weeks gospel as well as notices and other liturgical odds and ends.

You can listen to the podcast of this weeks programme HERE.

Camp Creideamh

On this weeks programme we are joined by Fr Eamon Roche and Lisa Blackwell to tell us about Camp Creideamh. The summer camp is a one week (6 nights), stay-on-site, full-board camp in the picturesque sea-side village of Knockadoon in East Cork for teenagers age 12 – 17. The camp will be a week of fun, friendship and growing in faith: activities include catechesis and prayer, various sports, canoeing, swimming, hillwalking, music, Catholic movies, arts and crafts, and many other activities.

Camp Creideamh began in 2016 as an all-boys faith camp. Now, in 2017, there is both an all-boys camp (June 4-10) and an all-girls camp (June 11 – 17). Camp Creideamh seeks to foster Catholic identity and is fully committed to the teachings of the Catholic Church. The camp will feature daily Mass and daily recitation of the Most Holy Rosary. The camp has a beautiful chapel on site.

To find out more about the camp you can look at their website HERE.

You can listen to the interview with Fr Eamon and Lisa excerpted from the main programme HERE.

Gospel - John 14:15-21

”If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever. This is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, because he abides with you, and he will be in you.
”I will not leave you orphaned; I am coming to you. In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me; because I live, you also will live. On that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. They who have my commandments and keep them are those who love me; and those who love me will be loved by my Father, and I will love them and reveal myself to them.”
Reflections on this weeks gospel:

Word on Fire
English Dominicans
Sunday Reflections
Centre for Liturgy

Liturgical odds & ends

Liturgy of the Hours - Psalter week 2; 6th week of Easter

Saints of the Week

May 22nd - St Rita of Cascia
May 23rd - St William of Rochester
May 24th - Our Lady Help of Christians
May 25th - St Bede
May 26th - St Philip Neri
May 27th - St Augustine of Canterbury

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.