30 Jul 2016

31 July 2016 - Catholic World News Roundup - 18th Sunday in Ordinary time

On this weeks programme, John, Shane and Anne take a whistle stop tour across some of the things making the news around the Catholic world with pride of place obviously going to WYD2016 in Krakow this week. We also have our regular reflection on the Sunday gospel and our other liturgical odds and ends including our celestial guides for the coming week.

You can listen to the podcast of this weeks full programme HERE.

Catholic News Roundup



We did a quick whirlwind run around the world to highlight some news items from the Catholic world. Topics covered on this weeks programme:
You can listen to the podcast of this section of the programme excerpted from the main programme HERE.




Gospel - Luke 12:13-21


Someone in the crowd said to him, ‘Teacher, tell my brother to divide the family inheritance with me.’ But he said to him, ‘Friend, who set me to be a judge or arbitrator over you?’ And he said to them, ‘Take care! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of possessions.’ Then he told them a parable: ‘The land of a rich man produced abundantly. And he thought to himself, “What should I do, for I have no place to store my crops?” Then he said, “I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.” But God said to him, “You fool! This very night your life is being demanded of you. And the things you have prepared, whose will they be?” So it is with those who store up treasures for themselves but are not rich towards God.’"

Reflections on this weeks gospel:

Sunday Reflections
Centre for Liturgy
English Dominicans
Word on Fire

Liturgical odds & ends

Liturgy of the Hours - psalter week 2; 18th week in ordinary time

Saints of the Week

August 1st - St Alphonsus Ligouri (founder of the Redemptorists)
August 2nd - St Peter Julian Eymard also the Indulgence of St Mary of the Portiuncula
August 3rd - Bl Godfrey of Le Mans
August 4th - St John Vianney
August 5th - Dedication of the Basilica of Mary Major (First Friday)
August 6th - Feast of the Transfiguration of the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.